Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stomach Flu... I Think I Love You

I've lost 5lbs since last week. The stomach flu RULES! I know it's not going to last and some of it will come back on once I start eating normally again. But man, I'm loving this quick 5lbs lost! I weighed myself this morning and I'm 188. I FINALLY broke into the 80's. I haven't been in the 80's since before I had S. Now I just need to stay here as I start eating normally again. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE let me stay in the 80's!

I am feeling better today. Yesterday was surprisingly rough on me. I got sick about 7 times at work (not the puke kind... sorry TMI). Every time I put any food in my mouth, within 15 minutes I got sick. It was not fun. I don't think I even cracked a 1000 calories yesterday. And for a 5 ft 9 person, that isn't much. But I was able to keep down dinner last night. I cooked up some scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of cheese. And I had a protein shake for breakfast this morning and no problems so far. So I think I'm on the mend.

I ended up going to my personal training session last night, anyway. I probably should have canceled, but husband is leaving tomorrow for a 7-day trip and I know I won't be able to get in a good quality workout until he gets home. So I HAD to go and suck it up. It was hard too, I didn't have a whole lot of energy. She had me doing intervals on the treadmill for most of our session. Which I found ironic, after having posted that article on intervals right before I left to go to my appointment. We did running/walking intervals for about 20 minutes, and then she did the 10 incline and running/walking intervals for another 20 minutes. That's what did me in, the incline running... but I did it. After we did some weights and core ab work. I'm glad I went.

I have a long week ahead with husband being gone. It sucks, but a necessary evil in flight industry. A lot of the guys are doing 14-day trips and so far we have been lucky that husband hasn't had to switch over to that. So I guess I should dread appreciate these 7-day trips.

Today I did a bit of volunteer graphic design work for another organization. The Ike & Ella Fund (http://www.ikeandellafund.org/). They do a walk every year and asked me to design the logo and tshirts again, like I did last year. It's a great charity that deals with loss and miscarriages. A situation dear to my heart, being that I had a miscarriage when J was a year old. The charity was started by an old college friend and I'm happy to help them in any way I can. Maybe with all this charity work I've done this week, my good karma will come back... ha ha.

Ok, here's to being able to eat again, but not putting all the weight back on. I plan on staying in the 80's dammit! 

-V

Food Log 3/6/12:
Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Snack:
Almonds
2 mini peppermint patties

Lunch:
Raw green beans
Lean ham

Dinner:
Small scoop of chicken enchilada casserole
Wine

2 comments:

  1. That's the one good thing about the stomach flu... the weightloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I am jealous of your flu and wish that I would get it too? Annoys me.
    -A

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...