Thursday, March 29, 2012

April 29th

That is the day husband leaves for flight school. We found out yesterday. He comes back on May 23rd. So, 3 1/2 weeks alone... with 2 kids... and 2 cats. **sigh**  I knew this was coming, but actually hearing the dates makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. It's not even so much my sanity that I'm worried about (total lie), its more how I'm afraid my diet and exercise are going to suffer. I'm not sure how I can get a great workout in during this time. I do short Jillian workouts on the days that my husband works, but that is always followed by 3-4 days of long workouts when he's home. I just don't want to go backwards in this process that I'm in. This is definitely going to be one of the biggest struggles I've had so far.

Since husband will be gone the majority of May, I now have to cancel/postpone 2 of my races. The first is my 10K. There is just no way I can train for this race with him being gone. I can't run further than up and down my street when husband is gone (so I can hear my monitors). And even if I was able to train, I don't have anyone to watch my kids during the actual  race... sooooooo not gonna happen. But this might be a blessing in disguise with that crazy pain in my butt anyway. I think I need to let this thing heal for a bit. But I've already found a new 10k race to run in June. The Heart of Detroit 10K is on June 30th. My sister and I are going to do it together. So I'm still going to do this, just a bit later than I had anticipated.

My bike race will also be missed. It's the weekend of May 20th. It's a 2-day thing, so obviously there is no way I can do this. But, this race is also repeated in September, which husband and I decided we would do then. So, again, not canceled, just postponed. This one I'm more bummed about. Not only does this bike race really force us to get in shape, but it's nice having a weekend spent with just husband and I and no kids.

Ok, pity party is over for the day.

I did get some new running shoes yesterday. I went and spent A LOT of money on a really good pair. I'm hoping I will sustain less injuries this way. I can't wait to try them out. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon, once husband gets home from work I can break them in.

Oh nooooooooooooo! I forgot to put my phone on vibrate and just now my phone starting BLARING the Yo Gabba Gabba theme song for all to hear. So embarrassing....

-V



1 comment:

  1. You will get through this. I know it's going to be hard, but you have all us "cyber" friends here to support you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...