1. 2002 Winter Olympics - Salt Lake City, Utah. Oh yeah, and I got to go for free! Yup you heard it, and it was all because of my lovely co-blogger A. At the time she was working for a company and was given this trip to the Olympics. As luck would have it (for me at least, not so much for her) she wasn't dating anyone so I got to go. It was hands down, the coolest trip I've ever been on. We got to fly there, stay in a bad ass hotel, VIP seating and transportation to all the events, all the food and drinks (wine!) we wanted, tons of gear which included coats, boots, hats, bags... all for free. What an experience! I will never, ever forget it. We even got to meet the Bare Naked Ladies in the elevator of our hotel. There is truly nothing like sitting on top of a mountain, watching a Down Hill Skiing event, sipping
2. Road tripping through Ireland. In 2004, husband (then boyfriend) and I flew to Dublin, rented a car and just drove where ever we felt like driving. We stayed in random B&B's in tiny towns, drank a TON of Guinness and toured castle after castle. I'm not a very spontaneous person, so this was pretty cool for me to do.
3. Oktoberfest - Munich Germany. When I was 26, my sister and a few friends of ours decided we were going to go to Oktoberfest. The first night we stayed in this little mountain-top town, about an hour outside of Munich. It was sooooooo beautiful, I felt like I was in a movie. Then the next morning we headed into Munich on the train. We had no place to stay that night but thought it'd be "fun" to just show up and drink all night, who needed a place to stay? Yeah... even at 26 that was hard. I got reeeeeal tired about 2am and NEEDED to sleep. So 3 of us decided to take the bus to the airport early (our flight wasn't until mid morning the next day) and sleep on a bench. Man, my mom would have KILLED me... ha ha.
4. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. On that same trip as above, we stopped off here for a few days. We actually had a place to stay in Amsterdam. I absolutely fell in love with this city. Everyone was very friendly and it was easy to navigate. The Red Light District was awesome! Though, my first night there I flushed my passport down the toilet in a bar by accident (it was in my back pocket) and then had to stick my hand down the toilet and get it back. Yeah... my hand still feels dirty to this day... yuck!
5. Disneyworld, Orlando Florida. I was 6 years old when my family went to Disney. I can still remember the excitement I felt, I couldn't sleep for a week before we left. Everything was so amazing, from the airplane ride down to the resort we stayed in. I remember every day at breakfast they had all the Disney characters there. There is truly no vacation like one you experience as a child. How my parents survived a week in a hotel room with 3 little kids is beyond me. Now that I'm a parent, I can only imagine how tired they must have been. But to this day it was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. Thanks mom and dad!
Thanks for taking a trip with me down memory lane.
Food Log 3/13/12
Egg Beaters with 1/4 cup shredded cheese
Raw green beans