Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Power of Elmo

So I went for a run last night. And that ##*!*@! pinched nerve/pulled muscle/whatever this is in my butt, was killing me. Every step hurt. This sucks for multiple reasons, but the worst being that it used to only bug me when I did intervals, but now it's moved to running in general. To be honest I just don't know what to do at this point. I guess I have no choice but to take a week or 2 off of running and give it a chance to heal. This going to make my 5K I have in April and my 10K I have in May a bit tough. But I guess in the long run, I'm doing all these races to prepare for the sprint triathlon in July, so I need to be fully healed by then. Man this is frustrating!

I did 3 miles, ran about 2.5 of that. Had it not been for the pain in my rear, I could have easily gone further than that. But I didn't want to injure myself further. So I guess for now I will concentrate on biking. Especially since the Zoo-de-Mac (54 mile bike trek) is only about a month and a half away. And for now, biking doesn't seem to be hurting me there.

On another sour note, I found out last night that one of my oldest friends, her mother will probably die this week. She's got cancer and has taken a turn for the worst. So sad. This is really one of the first friend's I've had who's mother has passed. So let's pray I don't need to go back to Detroit this weekend for a funeral.

Ok, something positive. Even with a few eating snafu's last week, I'm still losing weight. I haven't hopped on a scale, but my clothes are all huge on me. It's a great feeling. I'm not a huge believer in the scale. I don't think it always reflects what is happening with your weight and body (unless you are steadily gaining... then it always reflects the truth). And I don't like how seeing a number stay the same can set me off into a spiral of depression and anger. So, per my husband, I usually only weigh myself once a month and I make sure my clothes are continuing to get bigger. Which is what is happening, so yay. Though I do think I will weigh myself after this week, just to see where I'm at.

So S is 16 months old now and is really starting to talk. Though she will NOT say momma. She says Dada, Zeus (our cat), bye bye, and of course the lovely 'no'. And she says Elmo. ALL THE TIME. Everything is Elmo. But momma? Nothin... hmpf. Do you think throwing back in her face the fact that I nursed her for 10.5 months would help?

-V

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having such trouble with the running. It always seems like once you get in a groove, then you get injured. It's technically called a pinched sciatic nerve, since it orginates from your back. Anyway, you HAVE to make sure you stretch that area before and after your run. You could also try ice and some motrin afterwards too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... my daughter said Elmo really early too... was one of her favorite words!! But just this morning she said her first non-prompted "Luh bu", so that melted my heart :) What didn't melt my heart was when we were grocery shopping this weekend and she said "no momma push" because she wanted ONLY her daddy to push the cart. Well, fine!! Hope you take it easy missie so you can recover. And congrats on the loose clothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby will be 16mo tomorrow! I love how much they are learning at this stage, and you can guarantee I'll be reminding him how long I nursed him at some point!
    Sorry to hear about your friend's mom's turn for the worse. :(
    I hate seeing my weight stay the same! That spiral is inevitable when you weigh often. Yay for loose clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clothes feeling loose is the greatest feeling of them ALL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I too struggle with my weight. This is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...