Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Just Got Punched in the Stomach

Or at least that's what it feels like after running intervals just now. I decided I better make good on all my talk about running intervals and actually do it today. Wowza.... this is why I was procrastinating doing them. I forgot how hard it is. Like cramp in my side, hole in my gut, breathing sooooo quickly, hard. It's sad how far I've gone down in how many I can do. I used to be able to do 3 miles worth. Not sure what I ran today, since I was outside, but I promise you it wasn't 3 miles.

Since husband is gone for the next 7 days, I had to do the intervals when my kids went down for a nap today. I put both monitors on high, in my driveway and basically sprinted up and down my block so I could still hear them. I probably looked like an idiot, but oh well. It worked.

In other news, husband got a big promotion at work yesterday. He is being upgraded to fly on a bigger aircraft. This one goes over seas even. In the long run, this will be a great thing for us. More money (eventually) and he will be gone less, ironically. You would think going over seas he'd be gone more. But he won't have to go on these 7-day trips once a month, like he does now. BUT (there's always a but) the training for this aircraft is insane. Guess how long they are going to send him to school for. 3 WEEKS! Yup, you read that right, 3 freaking weeks. Holy hell, I don't know how I am not going to lose my mind being home with 2 toddlers for 3 weeks alone. I'm praying that my in-laws are back from Florida by the time he leaves so they can help me out. He's not sure when he's leaving yet, probably around the end of April time frame, but we'll see.

So I guess this measly little 7-day trip he's on right now will seem like a cake walk to what I've got coming. But, I'm happy for my husband. He deserves this and works his ass off for that company.

Trying to keep the momentum of losing that 5lbs from the stomach flu going. I've been pretty strict with my eating and hense the reason for the interval running today.

-V

Food Log 3/7/12:
Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Snacks:
Almonds

Lunch:
3 eggs, scrambled with a pinch of cheese

Dinner:
cheese quesadilla with salsa and black olives, on whole wheat tortillas
wine

Workout:
Running intervals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...