Friday, April 13, 2012

Random Facts About V - Part 2

I did this a few months back and had a lot of fun with it (http://2bestfriendschubbyroadtoskinny.blogspot.com/2012/02/random-facts-about-me.html

So here's Random Fact's About V - Part 2:

  • Husband and I originally chose the names Brooke and Sebastian for our baby names. Some how along the 9 months I was pregnant with each, they changed to what they are now.

  • In between J and S I had a miscarriage. The baby, whom we named Joesph (I am convinced he was a boy) was 10 weeks old when I went in for a routine check up and there was no heartbeat. Since the baby hadn't 'passed' yet and because husband travels out of town for work, we had to schedule a D & C so I didn't pass him, home alone in the middle of the night. We wanted the remains of Joesph so I could get them blessed and buried. After I had the D & C they told me I could pick up the remains in about a week. When the hospital called me and told me they were ready to be picked up, I had to go to the hospital lab to get them. Once there, the lady handed me the remains of my child in a clear, plastic jar. I was so shocked by this, I numbly walked out of the lab, my hands wrapped around the jar trying to cover it as I walked to my car so no one could see... awful.

  • As I mentioned in my original Random Facts About V blog post, I modeled in NYC as a child. I was also involved in some radio and television work. My first commercial was for the Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Remember those? The original dolls, not the fancy new updated ones they have now.  My first radio commercial for an orange juice called "Squeeze." I still remember my line "Hey mom, give me a Squeeze!"  Needless to say, that particular brand of orange juice is no longer around...

  • Husband and I dated for 4 years before we got engaged. Two of those years were long distance. One year he was going to flight school in Florida, while I was still in Michigan. The other year we were living 3 hours apart in Michigan while he was a flight instructor.

  • I'm 5 foot 9. As a child I was always the tallest kid in my class and I HATED it. They used to tease me and call me the "Jolly Green Giant." I was so self conscious that in every school photo ever taken of me in elementary school, I am squatting down so I appear shorter.



  • When I was about 9 years old I became deathly afraid of fires and my house starting on fire. I would lie awake, night after night, just trying to see or smell smoke. I was so scared that I would sneak into either my parents or brother or sister's bedrooms and sleep on their floor. I was caught a few times and pretended I had slept walked in there. To this day, my entire family thinks I was a sleep walker when I was younger.

  • Where I grew up in Connecticut, the married actors Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner lived about a mile from our home. One day when I was about 10, my mom convinced me to walk up to their front door and ring the doorbell and tell them I lost my cat and had seen it run through their yard. Gilda Radner was the one who answered their door and she was soooo sweet and nice to me. She took down all the information on my "lost cat." She also let me look around her backyard for it.

  • My first job was at a McDonald's when I was 15-years-old living in Scottsdale, AZ. "You want fries with that?"
  • I got fired from my 2nd job at Smitty's in Scottsdale, for giving a friend a Coke for a discounted price.


-V

2 comments:

  1. Meeting Gild Radner must have been awesome. I don't have the cajones to do something like that. I saw Francois Payard at the opening at his new bakery a few months ago and I just giggled like a school girl and ran out of the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, what an awful story about your miscarriage. I'm so sorry that happened to you like that. Did you ever call the hospital and complain?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...