Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Top Things Not To Say To A Pilot's Wife

 

Are you scared something will happen to him?
No – I actually hadn’t thought about until just now when you said that – so thanks for that!



He’ll be back in no time – Keep busy, he’ll be back before you know it!
Um.... keep busy, really? Cause taking care of 2 kids alone for multiple days on end, isn't busy enough?



Do you feel like a single mom?
This is probably the most common question I get. It's rude. I'm sorry, but single moms are AMAZING people. They do this alone, with no help from anyone. Am I alone alot? Yes. But I also have multiple, upon multiple days at home with my husband. It's an insult to me, and insult to my husband and most importantly an insult to single moms.

Come and visit us!
Thank you very much. But no thanks. Do you really want to help? If so then come and visit ME

Do you get to fly with your husband when he goes on a trip?
Surrrrrre, I can take off at a moment's notice any time a trip pops up. At 17 months and 3 years old, the kids are plenty old enough to stay home alone at this point. And my work? They don't need me to come in.


Do you have family nearby to help?
Yes, but I'm pretty sure I've got it covered, I am quite capable, thanks

I don’t know how you do it. I don’t think I could.
What exactly do you mean by that? Would you divorce the father of your children because he’s going away? I’m actually not quite sure how we do it either but I know one thing – you’re right - not everyone could.

All in good fun!
-V

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe people have said some of those things to you. It's like when you are pregnant and someone asks you if you are about to "pop" or if you are having twins. WHAT goes through people's minds sometimes? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me giggle. My husband flys for the Navy & I get the same stupid question all the time. You are completely right not everyone can handle this kind of life, but I wear my military wife badge with great honor & pride to know that I am among some of the strong few that can hold things together while the hubs is away working. Pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...