Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Joys of Motherhood When You Are Sick

Well I'm still feeling a bit like crap. Yesterday was hard, I had a fever all day, that included total body aches and massive chills and my throat was on fire.

But I prevailed. I had signed my kids up for 'art day' at Java Gym along with members from my Mom's group and I was determined to go. I'm glad I did, because the kids had a blast and it took my mind off of feeling so cruddy. They made bird feeders out of pine cones and peanut butter, which was really cute. J got his face painted (S wanted NOTHING to do with that) and then we played. S is still too little to go into the play area by herself, so I had to go crawling in there after her. It was quite the workout, especially feeling as bad as I did.

When we got home, after I fed the kids lunch and put them down for their naps I crawled into bed myself. I usually almost always workout when the kids are asleep, but that was just not happening. We all snuggled in my bed for a bit after they woke up. But that only lasted for one episode of Elmo and then they were off and running again. We hung their bird feeders outside and played for a bit.

Husband finally rolled in around 4:30pm and then I took off. I took a long hot shower, put my jammies on and crawled into bed. I tried to sleep but I swear every 4 minutes I would hear 'CRASH!... WAHHHHHH!... STOP!... NOOOOO!... BANG!' on and on an on. And I was laying there thinking, what in Lord's name is going on down there? Is husband even watching them? Then I started running all these worst-case scenarios in my head. My heart started racing and I could feel the adrenaline surging. So I tried to relax again. I closed my eyes. I breathed deeply. I was sooooo tired. Then another 'BAM... BOOM... WAHHHHH!'

This was around this time I gave up on getting any sleep and turned on the tv and watched a total of 30 seconds of Real Housewives of New Jersey before J came in and started jumping on my bed asking to watch Bubble Guppies.... ahhhh, the joys of motherhood when you are sick.

Anyway, I am feeling a tad better today. My throat is still nasty but the fever, aches and chills are gone, so I'm on the mend. At the recomendation of A, I took some Zyrtec for my puffy eye and that stuff rocks! My eye was back to normal again! I woke up this morning with it puffy again and took another pill and it's already gone down. So I guess that answers my question about whether it's allergy related. But I am happy to have some stuff to make it go away  now.

Only 4 days until husband leaves for flight school. The countdown begins...

-V

1 comment:

  1. Oh ha ha! My hubby is the same way- I don't even want to know what happens to the kids as long as they are still alive when I'm better... Get better soon! Being a sick mom is the worst feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...