- I was a child model for Ford Models in New York City. I grew up in Stamford, CT (about 30 min's from NYC). I paid for my entire college tuition from the money I made while modeling as a child. I even was in an Oscar de la Renta fashion show and had my photo taken with him, which they published on the front page of the New York Times style section. (ah, if he could see me now....)
- I have lived all over the country. I was born in New York, and then lived in Delaware, Connecticut, Arizona and Michigan. No, I wasn't a military brat, my dad just moved a lot for his job.
- My sister was severely anorexic, back when we were in college (I'm talking 5ft 10, 85lbs). The way I dealt with this was to eat everything in sight. It was the first time I got heavy. I'd been relatively thin up until that point. And I've struggled with my weight ever since.
- I'm very shy from having to change schools so much as a child. I struggle every time I go into a new situation (new job, new playgroup, etc.). I have to make myself talk to other people. Some might laugh at this statement from me, (looking at you A!) since I'm SO loud once you get to know me.
- I use parenthesis wayyyyyy too much in my posts.
- I have mad Photoshop skills and I Photoshop the hell out of me in all the photos I post to facebook. I look at least 10lbs lighter in them.
- My mother has Multiple Sclerosis. She was diagnosed when I was only 13 years old. She's been in a motorized wheel chair since I was about 20 years old.
- I sometimes wonder if the reason why I'm so messed up about food, is from modeling as a child. Not that anyone ever told me to lose weight (I was a super skinny kid) but just the constant rejection that you get in the modeling world, at any age.
- When I was 18, I was riding in the backseat of my friend's Jeep. We were driving about 75mph on the highway to get to the airport to catch my flight back home to Michigan (I was visiting with friends in Arizona). The driver went to switch the radio station and veered off the road a bit. Trying to get back on the road, she over corrected and lost control of the car. Our Jeep flipped over and over several times, rolling out into the desert. I did not have my seatbelt on (STUPID) and I was thrown from the car. I woke up, on the ground, laying in the broken-off roof of the car, with random people standing over me. I had to get over 50 stictches in my left leg from all the desert rocks and stuff. I broke my left collar bone and sprained my left ankle. But, hot damn, I am lucky to be alive!
- I despise Valentine's Day. I think any holiday that makes you feel bad about yourself if you are single, is a lousy one. And even though I have a wonderful husband now, I still can't stand the "Hallmark Holiday."
- I actually went to college to be a news anchor woman. But my first and only job offer was for a job in Marquette, Michigan for only $13,000 a year. Shortly after, I changed my mind and went back to school to be a graphic designer.
- 'A' and I once passed out (drunk) waiting for our train at Penn Station in New York City... how we didn't get mugged, or worse, is beyond me. We definitely have an angel looking out for us.
Food Log 2/7/12:
Egg whites mixed with spinach and turkey sausage
Strawberry Greek Yogurt
1 mini peppermint pattie
30 Day Shred - Level 2