Monday, February 6, 2012

Shred!

I ordered Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred last week. Amazon had it for only $6 and my sister has the premium account, that you don't have to pay for shipping, so it was a win/win for me. I have been hearing soooooo much lately about what an awesome workout it is. It's got 3 levels AND its only 20 minutes. Which, on a lot of days, is about all I have. And if I do happen to have more time, I can do 2 of the workouts in a row (a lot of my friends will do level 1 and 2 back to back). Anyway, so I tried it out, before work this morning. HOLY COW. That is a hard workout and I was only on level 1. It combines weight training with cardio, which truly is the best way to lose weight, and get that toned look. So I loved it! I definitely think I'm already ready for level 2. I'm in enough shape that I can move up. And again, if I've got time I can easily see me doing Level 2 and then maybe Level 1 back to back. So I'm VERY happy with my purchase.

I'm sitting here at work right now trying to eat my tuna fish... for breakfast. Yuck. My husband made it up for me this weekend (mixed with mustard) and I never got around to eating it. So here I am, 9am, and eating tuna fish. I've never been a big fan of tuna fish, but it's so good for you, high in protein, low in calories and carbs. The smell sicks me out though. And I usually breath through my mouth when I eat it so I can't smell it. But I don't want to waste it... ahhh, the life of V, always something....

Had a great weekend up north. The only bust was our hike we did on Saturday. We do a lot of hiking with our kids. My husband and I both love to hike, and with little S in the backpack and J being old enough now to walk on his own, we usually have a pretty good time. J, definitely slows us down a bit, but hey, he's only 3. Anyway, we've never actually hiked in snow with the kids before.... yeah, not so fun. J kept tripping and falling over everything, because it's hard to see sticks and tree roots under the snow. Poor guy, I practically ripped his arm out of the socket, holding him up every time he almost fell. And S was grumpy because she wanted to walk, and not be in the hiker backpack. So by the time we got done, I was ready to shoot a shot of vodka, directly into my veins. Good times.

We were invited to 2 Super Bowl parties this weekend. Two weeks ago our neighbors (directly next door) invited us to theirs. We don't know them really well... and to be honest, they are kind of like the nerd neighbors of the neighborhood. I know, I know, that's soooooo high school to say it like that. But it's true, they are a bit strange and I swear, they might be able to be on an episode of Hoarders. They have SO much crap. But my husband was all like "we need to be neighborly" bla bla, so I RSVP'd that we'd "stop by" but wouldn't be able to stay long since we were just going to be coming back from up north.

Then on Friday, my newest friend Allison (the one with the HUGE house) invited us and my friend Jamie's family to her house for the Super Bowl. Now I'd 10 billion times rather have gone to her house, over our neighbors. But my husband let me know how rude it would have been to ditch the neighbors and go to our other friends. Especially since they invited us first. And yes, he is correct, it would have been rude (though I would have done it in a very polite way). But I really like my newest friend Allison and I think it's important to build friendships with people who have children the same age as yours. We've only lived in Grand Rapids for about 5 years now, and while we have lots of friends, we don't have a ton with children our kids ages. She, Jamie and I all have 2 kids each. We all have 3-year-old boys and then each one younger child between 6 months and 1. So I've been happy that we've been able to connect with a new family AND they are super fun and cool.

But none-the-less, we went to the neighbors last night. And it was weird, because they are weird. They are nice people, but socially awkward. But I guess I'm glad we went, because we were the only people there besides one other couple. And of course my kids were total spaz's because they were over tired from being up north all weekend, so basically I spent the entire time chasing them around as they got into EVERYTHING. And I didn't even get to watch any of the commercials. We were home before halftime, if that tells you anything. Oh well, it was the not fun right thing to do.... I guess.

We leave for Florida on Friday, so I've got ALOT going on this week with trying to pack and get everything ready. Of course my husband would be put on a 3-day trip, and doesn't return until Thursday night. And we have a 6am flight out on Friday morning. So it's pretty much all on my shoulders to get us ready for the trip. Super.

-V

Food Log 2/6/12:

Breakfast:
Tuna mixed with mustard and black olives (YUCK!)

Snack:
Almonds
2 mini peppermint patties

Lunch:
Egg whites with spinach and turkey sausage

Dinner:
Shrimp, sauteed in TONS of garlic, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Added, black olives, artichoke hearts and reduced fat feta cheese.... mmmmmmm. My new fav low cal/low carb dinner.

Workout:
30 Day Shred - Level 1

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...