Friday, February 17, 2012

Just Call Me 'Selfish Spice'

I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy. I've been home/traveling with my kids for pretty much 2 weeks straight now. I worked only one day last week and one day this week. I really cannot wait to go back to my normal 3-day work week schedule. I'm just not cut out to be a stay-at-home-mom. I bow down to the moms who can, you are truly selfless people. Me? Not so much  :)  j/k.   I know I am really lucky to have the best of both worlds by working part time. I get out of the house, but still have tons of time at home with my kids. It really works for me and makes me a better mom.

I was able to get a in a 3 mile run in this morning before husband had to fly. So that felt good. I haven't run in about a month so it was much needed. I started off very strong, but the last mile was rough. I am going to be running the 10K in the Grand Rapids River Bank Run in May, so I need to start gearing up for that. I usually only run about 3 miles, so I need to step it up and soon.

Going to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo this weekend. I finished the book on Wednesday. It was really, really good. Like I said in an earlier post, if you can get past the first 100 pages (or 2 disks) it rocks!! I'm very excited to see the movie. Turning down the sinfully smelling, buttery popcorn might be a bit harder... .grrrrrr. Why does everything have to revert back to food with me?

Ok, kids are napping so I need to be productive, have a great weekend!

-V

Food Log 2/17/12:
Breakfast:
Eggs with spinach, mozz cheese and turkey sausage

Snacks:
Almonds
J's Sweethearts candies (I need to throw this V Day sh*t out!)

Lunch:
Cheese Quesadilla on whole wheat tortilla, black olives and salsa

1 comment:

  1. So glad to know it's not just me! I do not like staying at home and I want/need a job. But you're right, I don't want just any job. I want one that fits me and my skills/personality/financial and home/life balance needs. I just hope I find it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...