Thursday, January 26, 2012

Carol Brady... Just with Wine

So my trainer canceled on me AGAIN yesterday morning. I was none too happy, to say the least. I mean, I'm not so angry at the cancelation part, the girl has a hurt back after all. But my session was for 8am and she called me at 6:45am to cancel. Which of course woke me, my husband and little S (she's in the room right next to us) up. And it was my day to sleep in (as much as you can "sleep in" with little kids). So we were all up nice and early.

Luckily I had gone to Zumba the night before (that's 2 workouts for me on Tuesday... yeah, I rock). And because my husband's flight wasn't until 5:30pm yesterday, I was able to get in a 3-mile run, outside.

It's been a weird winter here in Michigan this year. While we were pounded with snow the past 2 weeks, it's all gone again. Not that I'm complaining, I am loving the lack of snow and the fact that I've been able to run outside so much this winter. But it's strange none-the-less.

 I switched my run up yesterday. Instead of just running 3 miles, like I always do. Or trying those intervals. I decided to run a mile, speed-walk a half mile, run another mile, and speed-walk another half mile. From what I've been reading lately, it really doesn't matter how you get your miles in. As long as you do it. You can walk, run, sprint, jog... whatever. Just get them in and chances are you will lose the same amount of weight. And by constantly switching it up, you are making your body work harder, plus you aren't getting bored. So I think every time I get to run, I'm going to do something different. I'm trying to get it out of my head that stopping for a brief walk = failure.            

I'm in a serious need for a day off of working out today. I've worked out 7 days in a row now and I'm hurting a bit. But I won't be able to workout Friday or Saturday (since I'll be in Detroit, visiting my parents) so I need to squeeze one more workout in tonight.

So hubby is gone for 7 days **sigh**. Ahhhh, the life of a Pilot's wife. The first night he's gone is always the loneliest. Not sure why, I guess it's that I get so used to him being home and when you've got 7 long days looming ahead of you, it gets me down a bit. But I am determined to be upbeat and happy. And not spend the entire time yelling at my kids. I'm so going to "Carol Brady" myself this week! (along with several a glass of wine)

I'm finding it next to impossible to stay under 40 grams of carbs a day, which is what my trainer recommended for me. I mean I'm not even eating any bread or anything and I'm still going over. My protein shake alone, takes almost all my carbs up for the day. I just don't get how people do this. But I think if I'm just watching my intake of them, like I've been doing, even if I'm going over a bit, should help. Though I'm getting reeeeeeal sick of eating egg whites for lunch.

 Ok, NEED to get some work done here, since I guess that's why I'm actually at work.


-V

1 comment:

  1. "I've worked out 7 days in a row now and I'm hurting a bit". I so want to be your best friend and be supportive but it just makes me jealous and angry. I need more of this in my life!
    http://www.positivelypositive.com/2012/01/25/own-loving-your-life/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...