Thursday, December 1, 2011

5K Race

I think I need to sign up for a race of some sorts. I keep reading these awesome blogs like http://girlwalker.blogspot.com/ and http://one-twenty-five.tumblr.com/ and all these people really jump-started their weight loss by doing this.

It's hard for me because I don't have a regular workout schedule, due to my husband's pilot schedule. That and the fact that is winter here in Michigan, so running outside can be difficult. But there is no better motivation to get into shape, than to be signed up for a race. I've done many 5K's and one 10K. So I'm no stranger to this. I just wish I had a friend who would do it with me. Since A lives in Atlanta, that's out. And most of my other local friends are just not very interested in this sort of thing.

Anyway, I think I am going to do some research and see what races are coming up within the next month or two. Any tips for running outside in the winter?

V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...