Thursday, December 15, 2011

Darn You Holiday Season!

Man it has been rough this past week. There is tempting food EVERYWHERE! Honestly, I don't think I've ever tried to curb my eating during the holidays before. And now I can see why... its hard! Every time I turn around someone is giving us food. Cookies, candies, cakes... shoot me. If I can just break even for the holidays I'll be happy. Then I can shift into Biggest Loser mode for Jan and Feb to get to my 19lbs weight loss goal by Feb 20th.

Yesterday, it was like the Gods were laughing at me. So I take my kids to the mall to see Santa and get some remaining presents. We go to the food court at lunch and I order my kids some food (I had brought a banana for myself). I ordered the children's meals; grilled cheeses, one french fry for them to split and drinks. So the wait for the food is forever, and as I'm finally picking up my tray, the guy gives me THREE orders of fries instead of just the one I had ordered. He was just being nice because I had waited so long, but really? And of course I ate some of them, because I have the willpower of a 2-year-old.... **sigh**

Then this Saturday is my husband's extended family Christmas. I can only imagine the food that will be there. Hopefully I can stay away from it.

At least I got some time to hop on my spinning bike yesterday when the kids were napping. And I did my sit-ups too. Hopefully I can get a run in tonight after work, since its so unseasonably warm here today. For sure I am getting up before work tomorrow morning and hopping back on my spinning bike. I figure if I workout as much as I can, maybe I'll break even on the weight this week.

Wish me luck!
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...