Monday, December 19, 2011

Perfect Holiday Gift

I listen to books on tape on my commute to work. I'm currently listening to 'I Don't Know How She Does It' (they just made it into a movie with Sarah Jessica Parker) by Allison Pearson. Anyway, as I was listening this morning the main character was talking about how her daughter got her this travel alarm clock that recorded her daughter's voice telling her it was time to get up. How perfect for my traveling husband, right? Who doesn't want to wake up to their 3-year-old son's voice screaming "DADDY IT'S TIME TO GET UP!" when they are staying in a nice, quiet, kid-free hotel? So I have been scouring the internet this morning trying to find one that would get here in time for Christmas, without me having to pay a billion dollars in shipping fees. I think I found one, and I guess only time will tell if it gets here in time. Let's hope! It was only $14.95 too! I can't wait! Here's the link: http://www.futurememories.com/fm-kit-ut87.html

So yeah... that's pretty much how I've spent my morning here at work, searching the internet for that clock. I bet my company is suuuuuuure glad they hired me.

Other than that, nothing much to report. This weekend was fun. I did ok on the eating at my husband's extended family Christmas on Saturday. Yesterday I did really good, just because we were so busy. I took the kids (along with a friend of mine and her kids) on the Santa Train. It's a train (obviously) that you ride and Santa comes on board and gives the kids presents, etc. The website said it was an hour ride, which I thought would be pushing it with my 1-year-old. She really doesn't like to sit still all that much, but I thought she'd be ok. Well, the darn train was an hour EACH way... sure doesn't say that on the website. So I spent the entire hour ride home, walking S up and down the isle about a zillion times. I was exhausted by the time we got off that damned train. But my 3-year-old, J had fun, which is all that matters.

I work 4 days again this week (Mon-Thurs) and then Friday we are off to my husband's parents house until Christmas morning. Then we'll swing over to Detroit to see my parents and then back home Christmas night. So basically we will be driving all over the state of Michigan in 2 days... good times.

I'm going to try and get 2-3 workouts in this week, to combat any holiday eating I am going to do this weekend. I've got those God forsaken sit-ups too, that I have to do. I swear, I'm starting to hate sit-ups with a passion...

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...