Friday, December 16, 2011

Working Friday

I normally don't work Friday's, but work asked if I could do an extra day this week, so here I am. And here is a post from me on a Friday, which also doesn't normally happen.

I got up at 6am and worked out this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm always up anyway, so 6am is nothing. I got on my spin bike for 30 minutes and then did my sit-ups. 152 of them! They are getting HARD. The final set they usually have you do a ton and sometimes I need to take a break, mid-set. I'm not sure if that's allowed or not, but I can't help it. It's really really tough. A few of the girls that I've been doing this with, have dropped out (as I'm suspecting A has too, since I haven't heard her talk about it in a while, but I'm not for sure) but I'm sticking with it. It seems so often when I do these type of things with my friends, that they usually drop out after a week or two. Why is that? I'm not saying I'm so cool or great, but I would never get into a contest or competition with someone and then just drop out. I guess it's the competitiveness in me. I know my sister will stick to it through the end though, so at least I won't be alone. We have the same competitive genes I guess. But I have to say I'm disappointed that only 3 weeks in there are only 2 or 3 of us left. I promise, I will not quit though.

So the Tuesday after Christmas I was invited to a super fun party. My friend T is having all the girls over, along with all our kids. She's having a babysitter watch the kids while we all get massages in the other room. How fun is that? Of course there will be yummy food and drinks there all day, which I will have to be careful around. But I'm excited, and it's something different. There are going to be a lot of girls there I haven't seen in years. These are my Detroit girls, who I was friends with for years and years. Since I live 2 hours away now, I don't see a lot them too often anymore, so it should be a great time.

Well have a great weekend!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...