Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Spinning

Back in the day, before I had kids, I used to love to go to Spinning class at the gym. I loved that they turned the lights off and you closed your eyes and you just listened to the instructor and the music and just peddled the sh*t out of your bike (sorry, I have a truck driver mouth and I never get to swear at home anymore, so I've got to get it out of me somehow). I loved how just the beat of a song can make you believe that you were actually biking up a mountain, or going crazy fast down one. I think the best shape I've ever been in, was when I was regularly going to Spinning class.

About 6 months before I had my first child, my husband and I invested in a Spinning bike for our home. And my entire first pregnancy I would get up before work and workout on that thing. Me! I know, hard to believe, right? But then my son was born, and time was tight and I didn't get down there as much. Then my daughter was born, time was even tighter, etc. etc. etc.  Anyway, I've been getting back down there on that bike again lately. I had forgotten how much I loved it. Even though I'm not in a class per say, I still can turn out the lights, blare my iPod and close my eyes and imagine myself on a mountain somewhere. Even at 6am in the morning... which is what I did this morning.

I love love love getting my workouts done in the morning. Not only do I feel good all day about myself, but it's nice to get it out of the way and not have it hanging over my head all day. And inevitably something always seems to come up if I wait until the end of the day after the kids go to bed. So I think getting up before work and doing this is really going to work for me. I just wish I could do it more, but I can only do it on the days my husband is home. There's no way to get a workout done before work when I'm by myself, because I've got to get me and 2 kids up, fed and dressed and out the door by 7:20am. But hey, I'll take what I can get.

I did those darned sit-ups this morning again. 180!  I know I say this every time I write about it, but they are getting HARD. The last set was a set of 48 and I had to take a 10 second break about halfway through. But I'm doing them.

Anyway, my eating hasn't been perfect, but I'm not on a full out V binge. Which is what normally happens over the holidays. And I'm getting my workouts in, so hopefully I'll break even this holiday season. I'm looking forward to Christmas this weekend, but I'm also looking forward to the holidays being over and me getting back on track with my eating. It's crunch time in January, with less than 2 months left for me to lose the 19lbs by Feb 20th. I know I'm down, but not sure how much yet. I'll probably use one of my weigh-ins (I only get 3 in this contest) the first week in January, just to know where I'm at.

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...