Thursday, November 10, 2011

Weekend of Fun... Gone

Well I was so looking forward to this upcoming weekend. My husband is home and I thought we would have some breathing room. BUT my husband's great aunt died yesterday, so we are off to the east side of the state for the weekend. I've never met this woman, but from what I hear, she was wonderful. And by no means do I want to make light of her passing. BUT, we are going to stay in a hotel room on Friday night... with both kids. Seriously, I cannot think of anything less fun than that. OH WAIT, I can! Then on Saturday we have the funeral in the morning and THEN have to hop in the car and drive an hour to my nephew's baptism and then 2 hours home. So my kids will be sitting in quiet churches for the majority of the day. I mean, it's like I can hear the temper tantrums echoing throughout the church already... good times.

BUT, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. My husband is going away hunting next week (Mon-Thurs) AND taking the kids with him to his mom's house. So I get FOUR WHOLE DAYS by myself in my house! I cannot even imagine. Too bad I have to work all week, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

I WILL make sure I workout every one of those darn days. I know I'm going to miss my kids terribly, but I am also pretty pumped to have some alone time.

Still needing to get back on the healthy eating band wagon... tough love from anyone out there?

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...