Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hunger Point

The first few days of eating healthy really suck. It's almost like you go through withdrawals. This is day 3 and I'm just HUNGRY. But, I know this is a good thing and I will get some great results, so I'm just going to suck it up because I am NOT losing this contest... he he.

Sunday, my mother-in-law threw me a surprise pizza party for my birthday. Yesterday I came to work to find a huge bagel with a big glop of cream cheese waiting for me on my desk. It was very nice of a coworker to save a bagel for me, but no way was I eating it. When she wasn't looking, I wrapped it in a bag and threw it in my trash. THEN today, I got to work and my boss got me 2 gift certificates to McDonald's for my birthday. Again, super nice, but really?  I feel like somehow my husband is orchestrating this to make me suffer... bastard  =)

This past weekend was awesome! The visit from A and her little man was soooooo much fun. It was so nice having her here. We even managed to sneak away from the kids and go have some wine and food at a restaurant. Well, lots of wine and a bit of food. Ok, well we sat up drinking until 1:30am, but COME ON! How often do I get to do that? And I promise you, I paid for it the next day, which of course was my little girl's 1st birthday and I had to cook for 15 people... good times.

Actually little S's 1st birthday was fabulous! Great food, great family, great friends. The kids had so much fun running all around, it was a zoo. But it's always wonderful to be surrounded by the people you love and having A there made it that much more special.

It should be an interesting week to start a diet/healthy eating regimen, being that its Thanksgiving. The only thing I've got going for me is I'll probably be so busy chasing after my kids and trying to make them eat, I won't have much time to eat myself. Let's hope at least.

I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to post for the rest of the week. We leave tomorrow for my mother-in-law's house. Then on Saturday I'm headed to Detroit to see my family since my brother and niece are in town visiting.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...