Monday, November 28, 2011

Back!

Hello! We survived an awesome Thanksgiving weekend! It was crazy busy, with tons of travel, but all in all I had a blast. I had about 5 minutes of sleep the entire weekend, but who needs sleep anyway?

Wednesday night I went to my mother-in-law's house with the kids, while my husband went to the Hunting Ranch with 'the guys' for the night. We all had a fun girls night with my husband's sister and her girls joining us too.

Thursday, we drove to my husband's brothers house and had a great day. The kids were in Heaven with all the attention and other kids to play with. They both even took a nap there and I had a whole hour to just socialize. I think I almost forgot how to do that... he he.

Friday we headed home, only to pack right back up again and head to Ann Arbor on Saturday to see my family. My brother and niece were in town so it was great to see them. I was still a little bitter towards my parents for blowing off S's 1st birthday party. But I need to just get over it because unfortunately, nothing is going to change on that front. My parents are wonderful people, but they can be very blind and selfish about things like that. That is how they are and I need to just deal with it. It's not like they are going to suddenly change. Besides, I wasn't there for them, I was there to see my brother and niece who I only usually get to see twice a year since they live across the country.

Eating wise I did better than I thought I would. I definitely had a full meal on Thanksgiving, but that was about it. I didn't indulge in anything extra. I even got a run AND a bike ride in on Friday, to burn it off too. It was 60 degrees here, which is crazy for Michigan in November. The one little snafu I had was on Saturday night. I did good allllll day at my parents house. But, we drank wine on Saturday night and I got a little loopy, which lead to eating. DUMB! Anyway, not perfect, but still better than I normally would have done.

I can see that I've lost a few pounds already. Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but part of the contest rules is that I can only weigh myself 3 times between now and Feb 20th. So as much as I would have liked to step on that scale, I am going to wait until it gets closer to Feb 20th so I can see what I weigh when it really counts. Because I am NOT losing.

I saw that A put a post up about what happened to her. I am glad to see her writing about it. Having suffered from a similar loss myself, I know what an emotional rollercoaster having a miscarriage can be. I think talking about it, is the first step to healing though. For any of you readers out there, I'm sure she could use some words of encouragement. So please feel free to write something on her post.

Lastly, A, myself, and 3 other friends started the 200 Sit-Up Challenge today. http://www.twohundredsitups.com
I'm super pumped to do this with other people. It makes it fun to get back into shape. And let me tell you, these flabby abs need it!

Well here's a great week of eating healthy and exercising! Woot Woot!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...