Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Little Bit More About Me

Besides my quest to stop stuffing my face with food, I do have other interests and things going on in my life. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 6 years now. He is a pilot and travels A LOT. It can be very hard sometimes. Before we had kids, I used to love having a few days to myself. But now that we have 2 kids? Not-so-much... I love my children dearly, but after a few days alone with them, 24/7, with no break, I'm about ready to lose my mind. Because of this, I work part time. I'm a graphic designer. Working part time helps me keep my sanity and gives me a reason to get out of my pajamas and put makeup on 3 days a week. I love it. Its the perfect balance of being home and getting me out of the house and among the land of the adults. I know this job won't last forever, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. Part time job are hard to come by in my industry, and are usually the first to be let go, so I am appreciative of what I have.

I met A while we were in college. She and I were in the same sorority. I got her a job at a restaurant I was waitressing at, and we've been besties ever since. After college and scoring very low-paid and very low-on-the-totem-pole jobs, we moved to a "happening" town in Michigan where all the "cool" young 20-something's were moving to. And boy, did we think we were cool. Handing out our business cards to anyone we met at the bars. I can only imagine the laughter behind our backs as we walked away. But I have to say, I think I had more fun in those early 20 years than I ever have had in my life. Working, drinking, smoking, boys... what fun. After a few years of complete chaos, A got a job offer in another state and moved away from me. It was very hard and I was very sad to see her go. But I would say we are as close now, after living apart for the last 10 years, than we ever have been. Through marriages, children, miscarriages and more drama than I care to remember, we've always been there for each other.

I am very excited to say she is coming to visit me next month with her son B. She has not met my baby daughter yet (who will be one next month!), and I am very excited for the two to meet. It should be a fun visit and I cannot wait to catch up and see our boys play (they are both 3). I am also sooooo excited that she is having another baby. Selfishly I want her to have a girl like I did, so we can be the same. Weirdly, I think she will, since A's and my life, always seem to mirror each other.

Thanks for going down memory lane with me,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...