Thursday, October 20, 2011

And So It Begins...

Well my husband left this morning for a SEVEN day trip. Yes, I said seven days. Normally he only goes on these seven-day trips once a month. But because of several pilots quitting over the past few weeks, this will be his second seven-day trip of the month. Lucky us. So it's going to be a long, lonely week/weekend for me.

Tomorrow is my son's 3-year check up and then I think we will head to my parents for the weekend because they haven't seen the kids in a while. My parents house is the least most, child proofed house on the entire plant. There is glass everything, fake plants, statues, and always a random screw lying around on the ground. So as nice as it will be to be among other people for the weekend, it will be a lot of work for me making sure my 11-month-old won't hurt/eat/break something. But the kids and grandparents will have fun and that's all that matters.

I'll also be dealing with the same issues I did last weekend, which is the whole eating bad when I'm not home thing. I'm going to be much better this time. Probably more for the fact that I won't have time to eat bad because of chasing my kids around, than the fact that I have more willpower this time. But whatever works, right? Though I'm sure I'll make up the calories by the amount of wine I will need to drink at night to try and relax after all of this.

Wish me luck on surviving a daddy-free weekend. If you don't hear from me by Monday, that probably means I've collapsed out of sheer exhaustion.

V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...