Thursday, October 6, 2011

Here Goes Nothing...

Hello, I'm V and I’m officially fat. There, I said it. I know it’s not politically correct to say this, but it’s the truth. Sure, I can blame the fact that I have a 3-year-old son and a 10-month-old daughter. I have a husband who travels constantly (he’s a pilot). And I could sit here and whine how I have no time to work out and make healthy food for myself. But that’s not it. See, while I’m hands down the heaviest I’ve ever been, I’ve always had issues with my weight. I love food. Love it! I could eat all day. I don’t have an underlying issue that I use food to cope with. I just love to eat. And I love to eat bad foods. At 5 feet 9 inches, I can pack the food away! I think people would be shocked at how much I actually eat. Being tall I used to be able to hide it pretty well. But now after 2 kids, there is no hiding it anymore.

I’ve tried all the diets. Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers, Dukan Diet, counting calories. And when I’ve followed them, sure I lost weight. But as with anything, old habits came back and the weight crept back on. So, I’m not going on a diet. I’m making a life style change, here and now! I will do this by watching my daily calorie intake, since my portions are out of control. But that’s it. I will try and exercise when I can. But with my husband gone a lot and two kids hanging on me 24/7, I know I just won’t be able to work out as much as I used too. So, really it’s going to be all about the food and keeping track of what I put in my mouth.

See, while I love to eat, I do love to work out. I love to bike, run, and lift weights. My goal is to do a sprint triathlon by the end of next summer. The problem, is that I don’t have the time to do this that I used too. Sure after my kids go to bed I could workout at 8pm. But let’s be honest, after being home with my kids all day, with no break (especially when my husband is out of town), I just want to chill. I know this is a problem and something else I need to work on. But first things first, let’s start with the food. Usually when I’m good with the food, I’m good with the working out.

So since nothing has worked for me long term, my best friend A and I thought we'd start this blog to post about our weightloss struggles. I’m sure no one really wants to hear me whine all day about how hungry I am. But I just feel like if I have to write about my weight loss, the good and bad, maybe I’ll be more apt to stick to it this time. It’s almost like being accountable for my actions, just anonymously.

My goal is to be 160lbs. I was that weight at my sister’s wedding 4.5 years ago, and I think that is an attainable goal. So by using http://www.loseit.com/ to track my calories I get 1,655 a day. I get more if I exercise, so that’s good. So today is day #1 on this long long long journey of losing 40lbs. Loseit.com says I should reach my goal weight by April 3, 2011. And that’s with no screw ups, so its going to be a while. But I’m ready to do this, I’m ready to be healthy and I’m ready to feel good about myself again.

Wish me luck! V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...