Thursday, June 7, 2012

I think the God's are trying to tell me something...

Well after running on Monday and all the crazy tightness I felt in my rear... Tuesday night my right knee started to swell up with fluid. This happened to me twice, right after I had S. My knee swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. I literally could not fit my jeans over my knee. Anyway, I had it drained and once I got over that initial post-pregnancy weirdness, I haven't had an issue with it. That is until Tuesday night.

I can only assume it's from running, but I can't be for sure. Either way, I'm getting frickin' old!  Luckily I still had my anti-inflammatory pills from the last time, so I was able to keep my knee from getting super huge. But it's still enough that I can't straighten it or bend it all the way. Good times... Here's a photo of my knee when it swelled up right after I had S.

But I'm going to prevail and I'm headed to Atlanta today for my fun girls weekend with A and my sister... even if I have to hobble the whole way there! I'm at work until 4pm and then I'm off to the airport to catch my 6pm flight. I am VERY excited and can't wait to get there.

I'm going to miss my little ones though. As much as I bitch and moan talk about being home alone with them all the time without a break, I'm rarely away from them. Especially not for 4 days. Though the thought of sleeping past 7am is an appealing one.

Things are still good with the new nanny, Ms. K. When I got home on Tuesday, my entire house was picked up and ALL the dishes were done. Why didn't I think of this nanny thing earlier?

Have a great weekend y'all! (the "ya'all" part was because I'm headed to the South today)

-V

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope the swelling receeds. Have you ever tried arnica gel. That stuff is the bomb for swelling. I use it on all my injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V - you haven't been on here in awhile! I miss reading your posts and our connection! I hope you and your family are doing well. Email me sometime... I would love to stay in touch! I felt we inspired each other and that's a valuable thing! Jacqueline

    Jacqueline_Delgado@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...